"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring." — Marilyn Monroe

September 28, 2011

October Eargasms

There is no secret that October is a time for music in my neck of the woods. The Summer is over (Technically) and that means that it is time for Festival season.

Of course, We’re doing it right and kicking it off with Music everywhere this Saturday on the 1st. Kyle Hutton is hosting the 2nd Annual Real Life Real Music Festival at Bernhardt Winery this weekend. Performing will be none other then someone that I am happy to see gain a great following the last couple years, Sean McConnell. I love to see him play live. I suggest you see a show or two yourself. “Dirty Diana” def brings in the Man Fans. Also performing is the Great Walt Wilkins, Terri Hendrix and Lloyd Maines, Kyle Hutton and more. Get yo tickets at www.realliferealmusic.com Live music and a winery. Add a smoothie king and Ryan Reynolds and it’s pretty much my vision of heaven.

Also, this Saturday Casey Donahew Band will be at Waller County Fair and Rodeo. Opening up, Earl Thomas Connley. Weird pairing, but okay. Casey Rocks my socks, exclamation point.

The place That I will be shaking my little groove thing is at the Texas Music Throwdown at Town Green Park in The Woodlands. It’s only $5 and all proceeds benefit the Heroes on the Water. The $5 goes towards those that have fought for us AND you get to see Brandon Rhyder, Scooter Brown, Mark Jones and Doug Reid.

(Scott Brown will be on air with Jim Powers on Thursday and Brandon will be on with Jim on Friday. Tune in. Kstarcountry.com)

After all that wonderful music, sober up because the Next weekend, on October 7th, John Conlee will be heading to Big Texas. He does great in Texas. Check it out. I love Big Texas too. It’s always a good time. Think I may pay DJ Gary a visit this weekend.

(John will be on the Funny Farm on Tuesday, October 4th)

The Month of Music is just getting started by now. The eargams aren’t over. The big weekend in Conroe is October 14th-16th. It’s time again for the Conroe Cajun Catfish Festival. The first time I went to the Festival was back in ’06. I’ll save that story for another day. The green, new radio me was so cute and naïve.

Catfish Festival will be full of lots of Texas Favorites. Cody Canada and the Departed, Band of Heathens, Jason Cassidy, Scooter Brown, Cody Johnson Band, Folk Family Revival and so many more. I’ll be emceeing as always on Friday and Sunday. Going to watch some friends get hitched in Waco on Saturday, so pour some out for your homie and don’t miss me too much.

But wait, there’s more! October 21st, I’m heading back to Big Texas. Casey Donahew Band will be rocking. Not only that, they’re stopping by the studio that am. Wait there’s more, Dave will be off! Bam. Christmas in October. Kidding. They have a new album coming out on the 25th so check it out. Check out the show too. I got drunky face at the last one, I heard it was fun. Did I mention Big Tx has great drinks. I digress.

(**EDIT** (Thanks Torr) Buzzfest. October 22nd. For the Rock Poser in Me... I paint my nails black and dye my hair pink.)

Also this weekend is the big benefit for Rett Syndrome that we always help out with. I’ll be spending Sunday with some great local favorites as well as the Black family (Clint, Colton, Brian and Kevin).

The Month of Eargasms will surely go out with a Bang. A Ear drum popping, panty changing, sugar kind of Bang. There were two shows that I couldn’t wait to announce and they both happened to land on the same weekend. Flip a coin, but I’ve already decided where I will be shaking my ass on this particular weekend.

First off, on Oct 28th, Billy Currington will be playing in Conroe at the Lone Star Expo center for the Toyota Bass Classic! I have a feeling that that Sex Pot is going to put on a great show. Can’t wait for it, I might make my way to what Rita Ballou calls “Panty Row” for that one. Prob not, I’m too fun size for that crap.

Also playing that weekend are Pat Green on Saturday and Robert Earl Keen on Sunday.

(Giving away a crap ton of tickets to all these shows… plus Meet and Greets. Yep. Win a meet and greet and be all gurmy with Billy Currington. I will support that.)

While some will be reminiscing of a time before Pat Green sang “Country Star” and having fun in Conroe, I’ll be headed to Houston. To the Sam Houston Race Park to be specific. It’s time for Ziegfest!! Like the Catfish Festival, my first taste of Ziegfest was in 06. Again, that story is for another date. So cute. So young. So naïve.

This year headlining is none other then my future ex-husband, Dierks Bentley. He makes me giggle like a Jr. High girl. He’s a uber sweet guy and has a great group of peeps behind him too. A+ in my book. Also performing are my Boys, Eli Young Band! As well as Cody Johnson Band, Roger Creager, Wade Bowen, Jerrod Nieman, and 12 more. It’s going to be a hell of a day.Ziegfest is a party I haven't missed since 06. Last year I was Physically there, just missed everything till the ex told me it was time to go to the board. Yay Beer. Again, for another day.

Ending out the Month of great times and Music will be Zac Brown Band at The Woodlands Pavilion. I adore Zac Brown Band… except for chicken fried. Anyone close to me knows that song makes me want to punch a baby. I hate it. It has to do with my old secretary blaring it any time it was on our station, playing it her desk every day multiple times, it was the song on her facebook, it was her ringtone… Loved the girl.. the song just got to be much. Like a dentist drill. So I can make a potty break during that. Yuck.

So there ya go. A month of music and eargasms. Hope to see ya out at some. PS. If I haven’t talked to you in years, do not ask me for passes.

Peace, Love, Prozac and Wine (and Music),
LC

Cliff Notes Version of My BS.
October 1
Texas Music Throwdown
Real Life Real Music Festival
Waller County Fair

October 7
John Conlee- Big Texas

October 14-16
Conroe Cajun Catfish Festival

October 21
Casey Donahew Band- Big Texas

October 23
Rett Syndrome Benefit w Black Family

October 28
Billy Currington

October 29
Ziegfest Houston
Pat Green- Conroe

October 30
Zac Brown Band -Woodlands
Robert Earl Keen- Conroe

2 comments:

  1. Thanks to Danny Salinas for pointing out that Josh Abbott and Robert Earl Keen are in Bellville on Oct 13th. That's a Thursday. I'll be in Bed. Saw Josh for first time at CS Zieg few weeks ago. Very Impressed. Their fiddle player, Preston, rocked my socks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are going to have an interesting, fun month. Keep me posted if you need someone to accompany you to any of the events listed I would love to join if I am available.

    ReplyDelete